6/06/2010

Taking the Shot - An End of a Televised Era...

I have the unique perspective of having paid an inordinate amount of attention to Monday night television for a very long time. Between watching the same episode of a television program multiple times per week, producing a series of bullet points, engaging in great topic-centric discussion and debate, and editing audio files until all hours, the last 6 years have been at least - fun. At best? The experience of a lifetime.

Two weeks ago, the LAST televised episodes of the hit Fox show, "24" came to an end. Fox provided us the last two hours of that program and once again, for the last time, the spinning wheels of podcast production began spinning to get yet another but the final double-header - ever - for "24".

This evening marks my last "attention" that will ever be paid to the review of a televised "24" and I feel incredibly grateful to have had the thousands of hours of work, experience and focused fandom that I've had. I've included the last two press notes about the last two episodes below and I hope that you'll take the time to listen to both the "24-in-60+!" episodes for Hours 23 and 24, as well as the hour-long discussion podcasts for the last two hours of the televised show that has taken up my love, attention and life for so many years.

To the people over the years that have helped me create a vast library of life, perspective and opinion, how can I thank you? You have literally helped me create things that help to prove how New Media can and continues to make a difference in business and life. Podcasting has literally changed the way I lead and live my life and I would be a very different being were I not to have it.

Enjoy these last two episodes, and be sure to stay tuned for the new video and audio efforts that will be coming to The 2GuysTalking Podcast Network over the next two months. In addition to two great contests (The I Hear Your Podcast Contest and the Musician's Corner Contest), we have a significant video effort that will literally change the face and push of 2GuysTalking over the next year.

It's been a labor of love and education that fuels me for a very long time - fuel that spills on to others around me to inspire them to try new things, to convey perspective and stories, and establishes a base for anyone that particiapes.

Until next week, when our IRON MAN 2 review will be available, thanks for listening, and see you next time!

No comments: